We love hosting meetups at MemSQL headquarters. Meetups give us a hands-on way to share what we have been working on, connect with the community, and get in-person feedback from people like you.
Last year we hosted meetups spanning topics from building real-time data pipelines to powering geospatial dashboards. We wanted to share a few highlights from our most memorable meetups in 2016.
MemSQL Meetups 2016: Year in Review
January 21, 2016 – Building Real-Time Digital Insight at Macys.com
- Featuring Chandan Joarder, Principal Engineer of Macys.com
- Shared lessons learned building a real-time insight application
- Macy’s innovative two-pronged approach to data exploration and visualization incorporates packaged tools like Tableau and custom BI dashboards
Come see Chandan Joarder from Macy’s speaking at Strata+Hadoop World San Jose on Wednesday, March 15 at 1:50pm:
Building Real-Time Dashboards with with Kafka, web frameworks, and an in-memory database
March 9, 2016 – Building Real-Time Data Pipelines with Spark, Kafka, and Python
June 29, 2016 – Visualize Your World with Geospatial Data and Mapbox
August 11, 2016 – Real-Time Analytics with Confluent and MemSQL
October 25, 2016 – CREATE PIPELINE: Real-Time Streaming and Exactly-Once Semantics with Kafka
- Featuring Carl Sverre, MemSQL Architect, and John Bowler, MemSQL Engineer
- Walked through the technical details of Pipelines – how we built it, how we ensure exactly-once semantics, and why it matters; showcased several real-time applications built with MemSQL Pipelines
- Video available here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aofMlYiXAeQ&feature=youtu.be